Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Portland Winners...and much more!

Hello all. Where does the time go?? I plan every day to post on here...and then something else comes up. My 'to-do' list just keeps getting longer & longer! But, back to that in a minute...

First, let me say a huge THANK YOU to all of the great customers we met (or saw again) in Portland at CKC! We had so much fun....our classes were a hit...and we can't wait to go back next year. And, congratulations to these 3 lucky winners of our online gift certificates:

Debbie Crone
Roxann Foster
Christy Miekels

Just email me at kellerscreations@acidfree.com to get your code for $25 in free product of your choice on our website. Enjoy!!



OK, back to my 'to-do' list. We all have them, right? This blog is definitely on my list of things that need attention. I want it to be full of ideas....and a place to share more with you about me & Keller...and a place to get to know each of you better. Can you help me make that happen?

For starters, I want some info from you....just post your comments here on this post. I want to know what things are on your 'to-do' list that you totally dread doing? I'd also like any tips to whittling down a list to a manageable level...how do I get it all done?? Post a comment here, and I'll draw 5 lucky winners at random to win one of our new XL Word Stamp Sets!! Post now thru Thursday at midnight EST, and winners will be announced Friday on here. (see, that'll make me do another post this week!!)


On another subject, don't you just love the feeling you get when you give something to someone? just a little something to brighten someone's day?? I just love that feeling. So, tonight while watching NBC Nightly News, they had a story on their "Making a Difference" segment. It was about people who have been laid off from their jobs volunteering to make the lives of others better....as well as others who were just looking for ways to give more to those in need around them. Stories like that always tug at my heart. And, this one was no different. As many of you know, we have had our share of struggles the last few months in this treacherous economy...and we are still living on faith thru it all as the bills are still piled high...but I just KNOW in my heart that I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. Anyway, the story made me want to come up with a way to 'give' a little sunshine to others...and I thought I could let me customers help...so here's what I came up with...

You know how we have a 'double your order' sale sometimes?? We did a Buy 1, Give 1 sale before Christmas where we doubled orders. So, how about we do it again?? Just for 48 hours, we're going to DOUBLE every order again, if you tell us who you're going to give the 'double' to. How easy is that? We give to you. You give to others. And, we all get that fuzzy feeling deep down that comes from knowing we put a smile on someone's face, even if just for a moment. So, who could you give scrapbook items to? Maybe a friend who scraps & has been hit hard by the economy at home & hasn't been able to buy any new supplies? Maybe buy an extra kit to put together for Grandma who hasn't had recent pictures of the little ones? Maybe a donation to a crop that's in need of door prizes? Maybe a donation to a fundraiser? The possibilities are endless...just let us know your plan to GIVE in the "Special Instructions" section at checkout online with your order. We'll send you double of every item you order, as long as we have it in stock...and if we don't, we'll email you to see if you want to sub something else.

As always, thank you for being our customer. We'll talk soon,

Kim

11 comments:

Tiffani said...

I have several things on my to-do list. The main one is starting and finishing the school scrapbook for my son's school this year. Although I don't necessarily dread it, it will take a lot of time and creativity. I want it to be the cutest thing ever!!! Wish me luck!

Okispice said...

I don't feel like accomplishing any work today because it is a gorgeous spring day here in Japan. That is always my conundrum - scrap, which I love to do, or go outside and enjoy that beautiful weather. I have so many projects on my scrap-list! One is the pretty cookbook I bought from you! sigh...

windycindy said...

Greetings! Two things on my current to-do list is clean out the refrigerator and clean the oven!
I like to clean the oven while it is still cool/cold outside because of the intense heat it puts out!
I like to clean the refrigerator out around this time every year as part of my Spring cleaning. Priorities are important to me! My to-do list is second to my family (including our new rescue puppy, which takes a lot of my time)!
As far as time management, I do my best to work with the weather. Indoor jobs while cool and outdoor gardening and the like, when it warms up outdoors. Many thanks, Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

tami sanders said...

i always have a BIG - HUGE to do list, but doesn't everyone?

the GI-NORMOUS thing at the top of my list right now, is getting my house cleaned up and organzied enough so that i can get my scrapbook room done!

i hate housework, so i have of course been procrastinating!

as to hints as to how to prioritize and clear stuff off your list, i am the WRONG gal to ask! LOL!

i'll watch and see if someone has hints i can use!

Michelle said...

Boy, does the list keep growing! I have several items on the to-do list. I have started by organizing all my scrapbook & cardmaking supplies, down to the scraps. As I am working on a page I keep a notebook and side the trim pieces I am going to keep in the matching pocket color. The books are keep right by my cutter. Balancing housework with scrapbooking has become a little easier. When I have a scrapbook piece that requires drying time, I use the drying time to load the dishwasher or throw in a load of clothes. When vacuuming up the scrapbook confetti, Since the vacuum is already out, I give a quick run thru the rest of the carpeted main floor. When I want to scrapbook and I'm watching my grandchildren (ranging in age from 2-1/2 to 5), I set up a small folding table, give them crayons, gel pens, glue sticks, safety scissors, paper scraps and photo copies of pictures to place on there own chipboard pages. This allows double duty. Hope some of these help!
Michelle

Unknown said...

I always have a to-do list, even if its just a mental one. It has the usual stuff...organize and then clean, clean, clean. I do better when the sun is shining! It has been raining for DAYS here in NC so needless to say, no cleaning here.

I like to break things down and try to do as much as I can in say 15 or 30 minutes. You will be surprised at how much you can do!

saucersrus said...

My list could go on forever. My biggest scrappin' item is to sort the last 3 years of pictures!! I print anywhere from 100-150 pictures a month and they are piling high!!!

Unknown said...

My to-do-list is always crazy long, too! My hint to get things done is to leave myself notes, messages on the answering machine, or some visual reminder of what needs to be taken care of. I hate clutter, so all of those things eventually make me crazy enough to JUST DO IT!!

ashley from pc said...

My list is huge but at the top is organizing my scrapbooking/craft room. I've got so much stuff in that room, I can't even open the door all the way. There is at least 7 storage boxes full of scrapbooking stuff! I've bought several 12 x 12 boxes to sort everything into and labeled them, Christmas, birthday, school, baseball, etc. It's going to take a while, but will make scrapbooking easier in the end.

Tasha said...

The main item on my to-do-list this week is to get ready to see the Keller Creation crew at CKC in Louisville. I can't wait to attend the Sketchabilities class! I didn't register for the otheer Keller Creation classes but I am seriously debating the 8am Saturday class. My other scrapbooking task is organizing pictures with papers and embellishments this year so when I crop I might actually get some work done! My house to-do-list....well it will just have to wait for now. LOL

Tish said...

Organizing my scrapbooking area is a high priority item. Since it is such a huge project I have to break it down into manageable segments. When I wake up in the morning I say to myself "what 3 projects can I complete today that will make me happy" and then I go for it. When I am done with those 3 projects I feel a sense of accomplishment and everyday brings a new joy at seeing all the little projects coming together.