Friday, October 16, 2009

"Give Thanks" Accordion Tag

Don't you just love this time of year? I love fall! It's my favorite season...not that it's gotten below 90 degrees much here in south GA yet, but we are ever hopeful of cool & crisp fall air. But, I love the colors of fall...the holidays to come...friends...family...oh, and some football thrown in.


This accordion tag makes the perfect gift to give this time of year...a gift someone would love to display in their home...which makes me think that I might need to make another, as this one will probably stay put in my house!



And, it's so easy to make.

First, take 2 accordion tags (yukon gold is the color I used here) and adhere the last panel of the first tag ON TOP OF the first panel of the 2nd tag. Then, fold them accordion style, so it will stand as shown.
Then, cut mats for each panel. I used 2.5"x3" mats on this one....and they are Buttercream yellow cardstock.
After corner-rounding each mat, I distressed the edges with a rust color ink pad. I then stamped GIVE on the first mat, again using the rust ink. Curle Uppercase is our alphabet set used here, but any letters will work.
Then, I stamped 1 letter on the center of each mat... T H A N K S.


Next, I took 6 of our large circle white slide mounts and distressed them almost completely with the rust ink. Then, with a burgundy ink, I used our XL background Swirls stamp on each. I just love how these slides turned out! I added ribbon snips to a couple, then adhered them all to mats, showing off the stamped letters.



I adhered all the mats in place on the tag, then reached for the burgundy ink again & one of our Scroll stamps from the Whimsical set. I stamped that above & below the first mat, then abstractly across the rest of the tag.



Then, I reached for several of our Word stamps. I put one on each panel, so the tag now says "Celebrate...honor...enjoy...adore...and cherish family." Perfect this time of year & always, don't you think?

Lastly, I added some buttons with glue dots....and reached for our tan Raffia (one of my absolute favorite items to use on our accordion tags) to add to the top of each tag...just unravel raffia to flatten it out, then tie a loose knot in it...take the 2 ends & smoosh them thru the tag hole, leaving the knot on the front....the stand up tag ends as shown & trim edges if necessary. Not only does this look great on tags like this, it's the best way to put a knot on a tag for a layout or card...looks great like a bow, but always stays in place AND lays flat when tag is glued down!

Ok, that's it. EASY. DECORATIVE. FUN TO MAKE. THE PERFECT GIFT.

Want more ideas & project recipes like this? Let us hear from you. What do you want to learn to use of our product line? Post here thru the blog, or email us at kellerscreations@acidfree.com.

Thanks for being our customer!

Kim




No comments: